Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Question...

I was talking with my husband and had a thought. Well, it morphed into a question.

If my husband had a history of beating. Supposed he started beating me shortly after we'd started dating. Would you consider me a fool or at the very least weak minded for staying with him? What about if he cheated from the beginning of our relationship? Y'all would be talking straight trash to my face and behind my back about how dumb I am for staying with him right?

Why then do we continue to trust our enemy? Why are we so blind to the fact that from our first encounter they have beat and cheated us? I realize that periodically somebody will have some "testimony" of how God delivered their husband/wife from some lude lascivious behavior. Does that mean that we should all stay in bad situations and wait for the same turn around? Hell no. Even then if you take that person back, shouldn't you make them work their ass of to prove that things have changed?

All I'm saying is that I'm not going to put myself, my family, etc purposely in a situation to trust a proven enemy. I believe that I can forgive you, interact with you, but still not trust you as far as I can throw you all while keeping my character in tact. I won't come to your house if you don't like me, nor will I welcome you into mine. I won't cook for you or eat your food if we are angry whether overtly or covertly.

I am unapologetically Afrikan and as such I will not expose myself willingly to anything that has been given to me by my enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment