Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Heeeeeelllllllll Naaaaaaawwwwww!!!!!!

Hell naw. That's what I wanted to saw to this lady that wants me to do her hair. I wanted to say it because she doesn't comprehend "no". Here's the background:

She knows somebody who knows my aunt. The somebody told her about my aunts hair and she wants me to do hers. For various reasons, I'm not taking anyone right now, but am still willing to consult and teach as needed. I told her this very clearly. She kept giving me her sob story and I kept saying no. There a million natural hairstylist and I'm not arrogant enough to think that she couldn't go anywhere else, which is what I suggested to her. Anyhoo, I scheduled a consultation for tomorrow. She wanted to know if I could do it last Friday or Saturday. RED FLAG She thought she was going to be slick and get her hair done. NOT. I have been through this before when I was less aware and I would cave and be sorry later. She called today while I was out and talked to my husband like she really knew me so he gave her the cell number. She called to "confirm" our appointment. Nah, that just what she said. I knew what she was up to and she got around to it. Retelling the story that I've heard a million times from her. At this point it's a pissing contest. Can she come early. Can she stay late. Can she schedule for another time. NO.NO.NO. I already know that tomorrow will be her first and last time seeing my face. I am also fairly certain that she is going to meet the straight forward no BSing version of myself because she is aggravating me.

THE LESSON:  These kinds of people come into my life because of the residual energy that I have lingering that says that I can easily manipulated and made to change my mind. See, I used to always allow people to talk me into things that I didn't want to do. I used allow people into my cipher that shouldn't be there, and I knew they should have never entered in the first place. Those days are gone. That chic is dead. My no means no and my yes is yes. I have also learned that part of the reason I must be so careful about the company I keep is because of my Ori. It seems to be a lil sensitive to carrying other people's crap. I tend to carry other people's weight on my head. Now, I look back and can understand why I wrapped my head faithfully during certain periods in my life. It was self preservation. I was protecting my head. Gotta get more white cloth because my head is calling for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment