Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm omo who?

So, when I began this path I was CERTAIN that I was omo Oya. Why? Because I feel a strong connection to egun, cemeteries, and I am ride or die with my Sango husband. Well, we thought he was Sango...Anyhoo, we got our first readings done and it came up that I was omo Osun. Now, to be honest I was crushed. I almost cried. I literally felt rejected by Oya. I know that may sound stupid, but it is what it is. Akinlabi came up omo Sango. To be honest I could see some of that, but we were never quite certain that it was right. I expressed these concerns to Iya. I guess my Ori was wearing on her Ori, so she decided to find out if our initial reading was on point. Well...drum roll please.
Akinlabi is...
Hechwa Baba and
Omo Obatala ati Ori. Makes perfect sense! I had no idea that you could have Ori as your guardian aside from the usual understanding of our dependence on Ori. Who knew? What's really interesting is that Obatala has a lot to do with Ori and Sango to the point Obatala can't really be separated from either one. Ase ooo!!!

I was found to be...

ati
 I am omo Osun ati Ifa...

I'll say this. It make perfect sense in regards to what I was told in my roots reading. I come from a family that worshipped Ifa and also created a lot of the tools/beading that the Ifa priest used.

For us this has very heavy implications. Akinlabi will become a priest of Obatala and will be Iyanifa and Osun priestess (well I guess the later still applies from the initial reading). Gotta be honest, I am very nervous. I figured that we would end up on a road like this because we both have always been prophesied to about "going into the ministry". I was dubbed a prophet, though I have blocked most of that ability and feel really stupid because now I need it and am having to work hard to get back what I had naturally. SN, please be grateful for whatever natural abilities you have. Never fear them, because they are to help you and complete you as an individual. All that being said, now I'm ready to get our full readings done. I am so scared an excited about my path. I guess, I just take it one day and one step at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment