Saturday, March 26, 2011

Uncle Tom & Aunt Thomasina are dead...

So, yesterday all hell literally broke loose. It wasn't the devil either. It was people. I cried rivers of salt water and blood that intermingled on my pillow. It felt like the end of my world. I couldn't see or feel the light that my Mama told me was there. I couldn't figure out what good could possibly come of this.

Well, after a sleepless night and synchronized tossing and turn between my husband and I good has come of it. I realized that I still had some Uncle Tom and Aunt Thomasina in me. I let someone in that I shouldn't have because of implied authority and white privilege. That won't happen ever again. NEVER!!! Now that I look at it, I give thanks because I am learning what it is to be in warrior mode. I've never felt this way that I recall. My husband and I have been plotting and planning to do what we have to do. We are rebuilding our circle and making it tighter and smaller. I am building, planning, and executing. I am loving this part of myself. I feel so balanced right now. I love Omilade, I love Iya, and I love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment