Monday, March 21, 2011

I need to connect...

Okay so, I'm sure I've whined about this before. I am an extrovert in the purest sense of the word. I thrive on being around people. That's how I connect to new things, through the energy of other people. I have learned A LOT about this path. Well, I guess it would be more appropriate to say that I've learn a lot MORE than what I knew before with my first go round. While I didn't get a lot of the lessons the first time around, I got to feed from the energies because I was assisting a Babalawo. I didn't know a lot on paper, but what I have now come to know as my Ori, was on point. I am so ready to go see Iya, participate in whatever we gone be doing, hear the drums, dance, sing, and eat!!! Well, idk about being excited about the eating because I don't eat meat and am going vegan as we speak.

I love going to the river and pouring honey. I love pouring palm oil to the wind. I love talking to and feeding Egun. This path, however, is a communal one. Everything in balance. We need the spirit realm, but the spirit realm also needs us. Various energies feed off one another, just like we feed off each others energies. I don't know how people call themselves just walking this journey alone without godparents, godbrothers/sisters, and community. I know some people like me don't have anyone close, but my spirit wants to be close to my Godmother to learn and grow.

Gas up the truck. I need to connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment