Thursday, August 12, 2010

Guess what I did!!!

E pele O people! Well, I have fulfilled my goals for the day. I have cleaned and cleansed my room and that is wonderful, however, it isn't what I am REALLY excited about. I set up my Egun Shrine! Yes, I did it! It was such a beautiful experience. I finally felt connected with them. I started crying and was really caught off guard by how emotional I was because I have always felt really estranged from my egun. I am so excited to be able to tend to them as they have tended to me all this time without my knowing. I am the only person in my family to my knowledge that is doing this so I hope the egun can have all that they need through me until somebody else in the family is open to hearing from them. I am practicing from the standpoint of Ifa/Yoruba as they are really close to where my DNA results put my egun and I have always felt drawn to that tradition. I have a desire to erect a shrine outside eventually, but until then they are being kept close to me. Now, I want to learn to cast obi to make sure that they are pleased with the shrine that I have put together. Any input on this subject is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment