Sunday, September 26, 2010

Egun ati Master Cleanse

Yesterday a client of mine brought me some fresh field peas from her father's garden. I was so excited. I just kept thinking about what I was going to do with them and how I was going to make a one bowl meal and eat them for all three meals on the first day I can eat whatever I want.

Well, this morning as I was juicing for my "lemonade" I heard, "we want some field peas". Okay, I stopped juicing and put the field peas on. Went back to juicing. "We like green beans in our peas." Okay, I added that. Went back to juicing. "We'd also like a little rice." Put that on and went back to juicing. When it finished cooking I put it all on the white plates that belonged to my grandmother and created a lovely presentation as a drooled over food that I couldn't not have. See most times "We" eat together. I was a little irritated, but heard Iya say, "It ain't 'bout chu baby." I put my iwa pele 3 piece suit on and graciously and humbly took the food to my appreciative egun.

They have gone without food for longer than my little 10 days, so who am I to act like a spoiled brat. I give thanks for them even speaking to me and finding me worthy to serve them at all. Iba se Egun!

No comments:

Post a Comment