Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ajoke is the best!

Ajoke is the sista that has been teaching me somethings and sometimes just talking to me. She is a wonderful person that takes my mind/spirit to places that I didn't know it could go. I am having to learn how not to over think things and just listen. I am really excited about connecting with my egun (ancestors), although I must admit that I am nervous. We have so much in common and one day I look forward to meeting her in person. She is truly a force to be reckoned with. She is omo Oya (a child of Oya) and guesses that I am also which would be a great privilege because I have always had a deep and abiding love for Oya. In my very short previous experience with Ifa, Oya was the orisha that I connected most with although I didn't know much about her. I still don't know a lot, but that's okay because I am learning. I wish Ajoke could talk to me and teach me everyday because I have a lot of catching up to do. Although we are the same age I secretly pray that she will be my godmother when she is done with her initiation. I scared to ask because the answer may not be the one that I seek. I am just so excited about what is in store for my life.

1 comment: