Tuesday, April 6, 2010

So easily offended...

Okay, so apparently some folks have been offended by some of my posting either from a religious or racial stance. Know this. Although that I don't agree with every word of every vid I post, I have learned something from them and so feel the need to pass them on. If there is something that you don't like about it by all means say something, but don't do that passive aggressive crap. I like diversity of opinions as I feel that I causes growth. I also know that the truth isn't always easy. I am on a journey trying to learn all the things that I was never afforded the opportunity learn. I have already had people remove me from their FB friend list and ignore my emails, and that's fine as we all have choices, but will not stop me in anyway from searching. Adam and Eve already eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil so thanks to them the information is already out there. LOL Morphius, I'll take the red pill please and asante.

From a racial standpoint
I have been exposed to history solely a European standpoint, as have most of us, for all of my life. As in any other story or argument there are two sides. I am now exploring the other side. The side that explains Afrikans and the who, what, when, where, why, and how of who we were, are, and will be. I don't expect most white folks to fully understand, and I appreciate those that are willing to admit that they don't quite get it. This is where the second principle of Kwanzaa comes in. Kujichagulia (Self-Determination)-To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves, and speak for ourselves, instead of being defined, named, created for and spoken for by others. Sadly though, most Afrikans/African Americans this either don't understand either. Dr. Ray Hagins suggested, in one of his lectures, that people go back and watch the movie "The Matrix" again to illustrate a point. Well, I did just that. I saw it in a totally different light. LOL One thing I know is that some people will choose the blue pill and others of us will take the much more difficult road of taking the blue pill and have everything that we thought we knew called into question.

From a religious stand point
I was raised from day one in a traditional practicing Christian household. I say practicing because I know that most of America considers themselves Christian, but don't do anything that is "required". Anyhoo, I have ALWAYS had questions about what I was being taught as there was much contradiction between words spoken and deeds performed. I have always been a little "different" spiritually and was often told that the things that I would experience were "from the devil". I have been delivered often. I have cried and tried. Somewhere in the mix I spent some time in Ga where I was introduced to Afrikan Spiritual Concepts. Until then, I'd never heard of such. Anyway, I started practicing Yoruba/Ifa. I found it quite refreshing to be around people that lived by their beliefs and "rules". I liked both the structure and freedom. Sounds weird, but there was a balance of both which seems to be true of most indigenous religions. When I returned home I returned to church. I answered "a call to preach" so I have been a licensed minister although unordained. That still wasn't enough for some, although my parents were quite proud to say the least. I still never felt quite at home although I had known most of the people in this church from the age of about 1 or 2 years old. All that to say, I just like truth. I am all for faith, but there is a difference between faith and outright lies, misuse, and abuse. I can honestly say that I don't know what I believe and I am okay with that. It's a journey and for the first time I am not speaking in cliches and regurgitating the same unfounded beliefs over and over. I am all for learning so if you have something for me by all means teach me but don't judge me. Talk to me, but don't insult. In this journey learn to "eat them meat and throw away the fat" like my Mama says. Take the knowledge you need and discard any untruths that are mixed in.

If you are religious, then God bless you. If you are an atheist, then stay balanced. Either way, I still love you, but I love truth more.

No comments:

Post a Comment