Thursday, March 18, 2010

What do I believe so far? Changed due to new thoughts.

This is copied from a former post and as I have continued to learn I have changed some things. Everything in bold italic is new.
  1. I believe there is a higher being that created all this stuff we see and don't see and the stuff we know about and don't know about.
  2. I believe that either the being is asexual or is represented in both the male and female and thus represents the balance that we see all around us.
  3. Although I was raised a Christian I no longer believe that Christianity is an original belief and know that it was plagiarized from ancient Kemetian beliefs.
  4. I don't believe that religions should be advertised as historical truths if they are not able to be proven with the same standards that all other history is proven. I'm not so sure how I feel about this anymore. What I think now is that they don't need to prove their history as if it were a social studies lesson. They shouldn't, however, have stolen ideas, artifacts, etc and claim them as their own. You should never lie or use scare tactics to get someone to believe as you do.
  5. I don't believe that spirituality has to fit into a particular religion. Ancient religions mostly believed that you follow the beliefs of your ancestors--whoever they are. If you are of mixed heritage then you may incorporate different aspects from the various cultures. I now know this because I went to see Native American exhibition and was SO MOVED by the drumming, acknowledgment of nature, and the ancestors. Beautiful.
  6. Religions can bring either comfort or conflict or both. Religions do both, but spirituality on brings comfort because we would all be going to same direction but using different paths.
  7. I don't think that people should practice religions that don't adequately reflect who they are (ie female, African, etc.)
  8. I don't believe that you can experience the creator through the eyes of another. I should've said that you can't have your experience with the creator through someone else, but you can experience the creator through they eyes of another. You just have to make sure that you don't try and make their experience yours.
  9. I believe that we are divinely connected, because we are divinely created.
  10. I believe that a knowledge an appreciation for nature is a very necessary part of understanding the Creator. 
  11. Any religion the claims to know the Creator, but doesn't teach it's followers to take care of their bodies and the earth is false or at the very least disconnected.
I will make changes as I grow. Grow with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment