Sunday, March 14, 2010

Perfection?

Is God perfect or just smarter and wiser than us by leaps and bounds? This question came me because I kept trying to wrap my mind around how a perfect being to make 2 sets of beings (angels and humans) and both of the creations have glitches. Remember the "devil" was supposed to be the best of the best, but then he wanted to take God's place. Then Adam and Eve messed up by listening to the aforementioned "devil". Now all of this is said to have happened due to our free choice option.
I wrote a paper in my philosophy class on free choice. I, at the time, was seeing the world through Christian glasses. I felt confident stating such at the beginning of my paper as free choice was always a last ditch effort to explain things that we couldn't find validation for. Of course it was second only to "God's ways are higher than our ways and His thought's than our thoughts". Anyhoo, as I wrote and looked up scripture to support the claim that we did have free will, I was baffled by the contradictions. It was so confusing. I could almost smell my brain frying as I tried to sort out what I was reading. This, after all, was a philosophy class not bible study. I was not going to be supported by like thinkers in this situation, but rather I was prove my stance beyond reasonable doubt. Well, needless to say, my paper ended in my conceding defeat because I was unable to prove anything with the book written by multiple authors, at multiple times in history, compiled by multiple editors.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...good question. It really made me ponder it and I would need to sit still and go deeper within myself to answer it. Because it makes me wonder if it was indeed something (angels turning into demons)already predicted when the angels were created? Then of course, other questions pop into my mind, so let me just keep scrolling and reading your blog because you may have addressed it in your research. :)

    ReplyDelete