Friday, February 3, 2012

This has been a f***ed up a** day!

This has been one of those days when you think, "You know? I should've stayed in the damn bed!"

I woke up really dizzy. My children weren't exactly what you'd call "on task", which was really stupid because today was a reading day! I keep tripping and almost falling and lawd knows I'm too old to be fallin'. Went to the store and got everything except what I went for and had to go right back in. While preparing lunch I pinched my hand in the garlic crusher AND broke the crusher. Then my husband was on the phone during lunch (that's a "hell naw" in my abode). I was whipping some shea butter and tried to melt the last bit off the sides of the pot to add to my own batch and caught my new pot on fire! When I tried to say that this wasn't a good day for me, my husband wants to be all "kosi ofo" which I wasn't trying to hear. Then I realized that I mixed up one of my standing appointments.

What did I learn?
1. Esu is good at his job.
2. Get up slowly when cleansing to avoid dizziness.
3. Part of the freedom of homeschooling is being able to have "off days".
4. Pay attention when you are walking
5. Make a list since you know that you don't ever remember everything at the store without one
6. When you see your METAL garlic press snap, don't try to use it anyway...or you might pinch your hand.
7. Let your husband talk on the phone during lunch and just handle it the way Osun did...with honey and ase.
8. It's a metal pot. Get over it and use some elbow grease to clean it, because you are too cheap to throw it      away.
9. My husband loves me, even when he doesn't say the right things. His heart always feels the right things.
10. When you are your own boss, shit happens. Wipe the shit up and clean it up really well with bleach.

Somethings we can control. Somethings we can't. Orun is our home. Aiye is the market place. I'm just here to learn what I need and get what I can in order to escape the wheel of reincarnation when Olodumare finds me worthy. For the first time. I really understand what that means. For the first time, it spoke to my heart. Ase. Ase. Ase o!

My injury that was inflicted by my garlic press...

No comments:

Post a Comment